Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Dragonfly soup

On a Monday evening I called in an order to a favorite restaurant of mine. I'm not giving out names because I don't want any prejudices against this restaurant. I'm sure some of you will figure out what restaurant I'm talking about and never go there with me again. I'm ok with that. I ordered my typical order of fried rice and wanton soup. I picked up my order and went home to enjoy. I take out my soup and I notice on the inside of the lid there is something stuck there. I think wouldn't that really suck if there was a bug in my soup? This is not an usual thought for me. The thought crosses my mind a lot when I go out to eat. I take the lid off after deciding not to shake whatever it is into the soup. OH MY GOD! There is a dragonfly stuck to the lid of my soup! A completely intact DRAGONFLY! I stand there stunned for a few seconds and actually contemplate just eating my soup. Couldn't do it. I thought I can't let them get away with this. I call the restaurant and tell them about the dragonfly in my soup. The guy on the phone was very apologetic and tells me next time I come in he will give me free soup. I tell him I'm coming now and I want a new soup. I took the dragonfly soup with me to show him. He opened the soup and said " Your right. It is a dragonfly. ". I wanted to say " DUH! ". This will probably never happen to me again and I am thankful for that. I have been back to this restaurant twice since the dragonfly soup incident and have had no problems.

4 Comments:

Blogger j-lay said...

a dragon fly huh? that's a new one.

8:30 PM  
Blogger LukeMiller said...

that's pretty sick. the creepiness factor of dragonflies adds to the general disgust of insects in general.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Zuriel said...

ewww! Thats nasty!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

protein!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home