Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Car cleanliness

Today I got in my car and thought " Why can I not keep my car clean? ". I don't mean the exterior. I'm talking about the interior. I'll clean it out and the next time I get in it its a mess! Most of the time I ignore it. Today it really bothered me. I have even spent forty dollars to have it washed and the interior cleaned. When I had it done I thought " This will make me keep my car clean. Look how much money I just spent. ". Yeah right. That lasted a week. The really sad part is I have a car wash in my apartment complex. I can it see outside my window. I know I'm not the only one out there with this problem. A lot of my girlfriends are the same way. I'm ready to address the problem. The question is......Will I be able to keep up with it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

i related so well to this entry.

no matter what i do, my car won't stay clean. and that's weird because i clean my house all the time, so i'm not a naturally messy person.

i lived across the street from an apt. car wash for years and i think i went twice. what is our problem??

6:57 AM  
Blogger j-lay said...

in my life i have observed that women typically have a clean home and a messy car. and men a dirty home and a clean car.

ideally a couple should share the work load around the house. or at least split the work. such as wife cooks and man washes dishes, or vise versa. offer to do a chore for the man in return for a car cleaning. of course the chore should be comporable. if you are not married you can still barter with men you know. trade a back massage, a home cooked meal or a bathroom cleaning for a car wash.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Rya said...

Kerri....I'm not sure what our problem is. I keep my apartment clean so why not my car.

J.....I might have to make a deal with you!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

jlay, you are so out of control...

12:26 PM  
Blogger j-lay said...

rya, have your people call my people.

kerri, i don't know what you're refering to?

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly don't have THAT problem... Our car and house are both always SPOTLESS! :)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home